NMIMS distance BBA program is a 3 year undergraduate program that is currently being offered by the institute to students who have completed their 10+2.
The youth today is much more passionate about forming a career in corporate managerial as well as entrepreneurial spheres than they were a decade ago.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is therefore, one of the most common professional courses these days.
The NMIMS Distance BBA Course aims at providing the students top-quality education so as to promote skill-based learning in order to provide maximum value to flourishing industries.
The course offers education that will help students face business problems in the outside world critically.
It trains the students to develop skills such as analytical thinking, effective communication, entrepreneurship acumen, etc.
along with ensuring that the students have a strong grasp over the business management concepts across various domains.
NMIMS SVKMS (deemed-to-be University) has been one of the most reputed Business schools of this country.
One of its major achievements has been the establishment of its Distance Education unit in the year 1994 through the development of ‘NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education’.
It has been recognised by the University Grants Commission and Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB).
The Distance Learning institution has been accredited by NAAC with ‘A+’ Grade in the year 2008. It is also a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The University goes to lengths to make the students understand the course by way of conducting interactive sessions and recorded lectures.
Virtual classrooms are arranged to give students the real experience of attending classes at their comfort.
There is a dedicated team who focuses on clearing queries via emails, calls, etc. that you might have after the lecture.
Everything about NMIMS Distance BBA
Along with the theoretical subjects (including those on Finance and Management) that the student has to study every semester, the University also makes the learning of soft as well as technical skills compulsory.
In order to enrol for the NMIMS Distance BBA course, a student must have completed their Higher Secondar (10+2) from any recognised Board or University or Council in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate OR with a 45% aggregate along with two years of work experience.
Any student who has completed Secondary School Certificate (10) and along with that, has completed 3 years of Diploma recognised by AICTE with an aggregate of 55% is also eligible for the Distance BBA Course.
Duration of the Distance BBA course at NMIMS
The duration of the course is three years.
The NMIMS University provides a variety of options for the students to pay the fees for the Distance BBA course.
- Students can make a one-time full fee payment for the Program of Rs. 1,31,000 along with an Admission Processing Fee of Rs. 1200.
- Students can make annual payments (for three years) of Rs. 47,000 per year along with an Admission Processing Fee of Rs. 1200.
- Students can make semester-wise fee payment of Rs. 25,000 each semester (6 semesters) along with an Admission Processing Fee of Rs. 1200.
Additionally, students have to pay an examination fee of Rs. 600 per subject every semester.
The initial amount of Rs. 5000 is collected from the student compulsorily at the time of registration.
The college also provides a concession of 20 percent for the Armed Forces who wish to enrol in the course.
The NMIMS Distance BBA course takes pride in offering Placement Assistance Service in top companies all across the country as well as internationally.
Companies like Accenture, India Mart, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Bajaj Electricals, etc. are just a few of the firms that are actively involved in hiring students from this Course.
Procedure for Admission
- Fill the Registration form that is available on the official website of the University
- Pay the admission process fee online of an amount of Rs. 1200
- After that visit the enrolment partner in order to submit the relevant documents that are asked for like academic documents, passport size photograph, other certificates (if any)
- Finally, you will be required to clear the fee payment.
- After the payment of fees, your application form will be successfully submitted and ultimately, your ‘student number’ will be generated.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the Courseware provided for the Distance BBA Course?
The courseware for the BBA course is provided via study materials and soft copy of Books that are needed for the completion of the syllabus. Lectures are held every week and the same is recorded for your reference purposes in case you want to revise later on.
- Is there any flexibility as to when the online lectures can be attended?
Yes. You have the option of choosing either Online Weekend or Weekend lecture sessions as per your convenience and schedule.
- When are the examinations conducted?
The Examinations for the Distance BBA course are conducted at the end of each semester online where you can choose the date, time as well as venue in which you wish to give the exam.
- What is the format in which the exams are conducted?
The exam questions contain both MCQs as well as descriptive questions.
- Is there any loan facility for the NMIMS Distance BBA fees payment?
Yes. You can opt for either EMI or loan facility for the NMIMS Distance BBA fees payment.