If you live in Kerala and want to do a distance education MBA program through distance learning or online education mode, this article is for you.
In this article, we have mentioned the top 10 best universities in Kerala that offers a distance MBA program.
Kerala is known for education. It has the highest literacy rate in the country. A distance education MBA program is in high demand in Kerala among working professionals, and fresh graduates.
Below are the best distance education MBA courses in Kerala offered by various universities.
Top 10 Universities in Kerala for MBA Distance Education
Kerala University was initially known as University of Travancore. It's established in 1937 and widely promoted by Sri Chithira Thirunal Balarama Varma, the Maharaja of Travancore. Kerala University is accredited by NAAC 'A' grade and serving over 7000 students every year. The core mission of the university is to offer high quality education to women, senior citizens and underprivileged sections of the society.
Rs 30,000 (Rs 7,500 per semester)
The candidate must have a 50% in graduation or equivalent qualification from any recognized board in the country.
There are no age restrictions
- KU considers MAT score as the benchmark for admissions.
- You can get the prospectus from any of the study centres. The prospectus costs Rs 250/-
- The notifications are published on the website and also in all the major newspapers during May and June.
Kerala University Distance MBA Key Points
1. Kerala University offers Distance MBA in 6 specialisations - Finance Management, Marketing, HR, Media Management, Systems and International Business Management.
2. You can get the syllabus of MBA program by sending a DD of Rs25/- to Directorate of Distance Education, Kerala University.
IGNOU needs no introduction. It's the world's largest open university offering a wide range of courses at an affordable cost. In spite of charging a very less fee, IGNOU implements the advancements in technologies to educate the students with the best possible ways. Technologies like TV Broadcast via Gyan Darshan channel, Audio Visual aids, Interactive Radio Counselling, Printed Course material, etc are used to deliver lessons to the MBA students.
Any graduate with 50% score is eligible to pursue Distance MBA from IGNOU. For reserved candidates, 45% marks are sufficient.
There are no age restrictions
- The students can apply for MBA program from the official website of IGNOU.
- We recommend you to go through the prospectus(available for free on the website) to get an idea of the curriculum.
- The aspirants must qualify in OPENMAT entrance test to get admission into the program.
IGNOU University Distance MBA Key Points
1. IGNOU also offers course wise registration for their management programmes.
2. One of the best things of IGNOU distance MBA is there is a liberty for the student to complete the course over a period of 8 years. The prolonged duration provides necessary flexibility for students to complete the program at great ease.
The Distance Education Department at Annamalai University was established in 1979. AU has got the distinctive feature of offering over 200 programs both in regular and distance streams. With adequate teaching faculty, state of the art infrastructure and wide network of study centres, it often ranks on top of the best distance learning universities lists.
Rs 26,000/- (Rs 6,500 per semester)
1. Any graudate from the recognised university is eligible for Distance MBA program from AU.
2. Only 10+2+3 and 10+2+4 study patterns are accepted. 2 year degree graduates are not acceptable.
3. There is no age limitation.
- The aspirants must purchase the prospectus along with application form, either from study centers or directly from university. The prospectus cum application costs Rs 500/-
- If you want to receive the application by post, send the DD of Rs 600/- to Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University.
- Read the application form carefully and attach all the required documents before posting it to the university.
Annamalai University Distance MBA Key Points
1. Annamalai University offers General MBA program in Tamil and English language. Apart from General MBA, all other management courses are offered in English.
2. Here are the distance MBA programs in Annamalai University - E-business, Finance Management, Information System, Marketing Management, Human Resource Management, International Business, Hospital Management, etc.
NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education offers high quality educational programs via distance learning. It has got number of study centers across the country and their online classroom sessions are widely appreciated for trendy training and exposure.
Rs 2,50,00 can be paid in 3/6/9/12 month instalments if paid by credit card. Rs 1500 for application form.
Bachelor's degree in any field with at least 50% score and at least 2 years of work experience OR 50% in Bachelor's degree and 50% in PG with at least 1 year work experience.
- You can get an application form from any of the Authorised Enrolment Partners. Visit NMIMS website for the list of enrolment partners.
- You can also apply and pay the fee online.
- If you submit the application form at the Enrolment Centre, attach it with Photo Identity, Work Experience Document(if any), Passport Photo and academic documents.
- NMIMS conducts a personal interview for all enrolled candidates. Carry the original documents for interview.
NMIMS Distance MBA Key Points
1. NMIMS is considered as a reputed university which provides the students a good boost during the placements.
2. It offers PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) which is equivalent to MBA degree.
3. The virtual classroom sessions with post-query option brings the face to face classroom experience to distance education students.
4. Renowned brands like HelixTech, IndiaMart, Insight, ESRI, Essel, etc are the hiring partners to NMIMS.
Suresh Gyan Vihar University
SGVU (Suresh Gyan Vihar University) is the first university in Rajasthan state to get 'A' grade from NAAC. It's approved by AICTE and UGC-DEB. As it is also approved by WES, the graduation helps the students who are looking for opportunities in the US and Canada. The MBA program is well designed to suit the present day industry needs and surely linked to the career growth of a working professional or an entrepreneur.
Rs 62,400 lump-sum or Rs 20,400 per semester.
The student needs to have at least 50% in graduation.
- The aspirant can apply directly from the website or else from any of the study centers.
- Download the application from the website and fill it up.3.
- Once you fill out the application, attach the mandatory documents like Transfer Certificate, Marks Sheet, Caste Certificate, Photo ID etc.4.
- You can pay the fee through credit card, debit card, cheque or DD.5. The student gets an ID, admission letter, course material and student kit via courier in 2 weeks after enrolment.
Suresh Gyan Vihar University Distance MBA Key Points
1. The interactive and live training sessions provide necessary exposure for the distance learning students.
2. All the exams in MBA program are based on 70/30 pattern. 70 marks for theoretical and 30 marks for assignments or practicum.
Sikkim Manipal University
Sikkim Manipal University is one of the top-rated educational institutions in India that's offering excellent MBA program that's widely accepted in government sector as well as the corporate world. SMU has got recognition from UGC-DEB. The Department of Management at SMU offers MBA programs in Marketing, Finance, Operations, Supply Chain, Project, Systems, Banking, International Business etc.
Rs 16,250 per semester. (Rs 5,000 as examination fee)
All the graduates are eligible to pursue Distance MBA from SMU. However, the aspirant has to qualify in the entrance test (SMAT) to get the admission.
- The admission notification will be uploaded on the official website of SMU.
- The aspirants have to submit the application form on the website and after the course.
- The student needs to score cut-off marks in the SMAT exam in order to secure admission in MBA program.
Sikkim Manipal University Distance MBA Key Points
1. SMU also accepts the mainstream MBA entrance test scores such as XAT, GMAT, CAT, MAT, GMAT etc.
2. Companies like ING, Tech Mahindra, IBM, Airtel, Accenture, etc. are the regular placement partners of SMU.
University of Calicut
University of Calicut or Calicut University is one of the oldest universities established in Kerala. It's started in the year 1969 in Malappuram town of Kerala state. It is approved by UGC-DED and over 400 colleges are affiliated to it. It's one among the largest universities in the country offering a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, diploma and certificate programs in around 35 departments.
The fee structure is not available on calicut university website
1. The candidate must have a graduation degree from a AICTE or UGC recognised university or institute.
2. The graduation pattern must be 10+2+4 or 10+2+3.
3. The graduation score must be at least 50% for the general candidates, whereas it is 45% for SC or ST or OBC students.
- The students have to download the application form from the official website of Calicut University. The copies of graduation, 10+2 and 10th certificates must be attached to the application form and sent to the university via post or courier.
- The admission is given to the students based on CUMAT entrance test score.
Here are the documents you need to attest with the application form.
1. Admission fee receipt.
2. 12th mark sheet.
3. Graduation mark sheet.
4. Transfer certificate.
5. 5 envelopes with self-address written on it.
6. Caste certificate (If any)
Note : Rs 250/- as admission fee must be made through DD and the copy must be attached to the application form.
Calicut University Distance MBA Key Points
1. The course material for MBA programs is available on online portal and also sent to the home address of the students
2. The Calicut University offers spot online verification of certificates and mark sheets making the admission process smooth and easy.
3. Both the regular and distance education students attend the single examination. So, there is a great unification in education quality and also the examination process.
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning
Symbiosis is one of the premier management institutes in the country offering excellent management programs via distance education at an affordable cost. It is often appreciated for it's well crafted curriculum that suits the modern needs and trends.
Rs 52,000 (2 instalments)
1. The aspirant must have a graduation in any discipline except oriental languages and fine arts.
2. Even the international students are welcome if they have graduation from any recognised boards.
3. Symbiosis conducts SCDL Entrance test every year for admission in PDGBA programs.
4. Symbiosis also grants admission for the students who score cut off marks in mainstream MBA entrance tests like GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT etc.
5. The students who are about to write final year graduation exams can also apply.
- Before seeking admission in Symbiosis distance learning management programs, it is recommended to purchase their prospectus to know all the details.
- The students can apply for the program and pay the registration pay online.
- The aspirants can also directly walk into any Axis Bank branches or SCDL offices to get the application form and prospectus.
- To confirm the admission, the aspirants must pay the first instalment of tuition fee.
- Email us if you have any queries regarding Symbiosis distance learning MBA.
Symbiosis Distance MBA Key Points
1. Symbiosis is probably the best open education institution when it comes to placement drives. They encourage the distance learning students just like regular MBA graduates during the placements. They have also got a great success placement ratio when compared to the other distance learning universities.
2. Symbiosis offers PGDBA programs (MBA equivalent) in all the popular streams of management such as Marketing, Operations, Finance, Human Resource, Management Accounting, Customer Relationship Management etc.
BR Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU)
BRAOU was initially known as Andhra Pradesh Open University and subsequently named as BR Ambedkar Open University, a decade after its establishment. It has a strong network of study centres in the states of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
● For Regular MBA - Rs 20,150/- (2 instalments)
● For MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management - Rs 1,20,000 (Rs 70,000 for first year and Rs 50,000 for second year)
● For PGDM (Marketing Management and Business Finance) - Rs 3200
The aspirants must have at least 50% in their graduation.
- From last 2 years, BRAOU has been supplying the applications only via website.
- The aspirants must visit the official website (www.braouonline.in) and print out the application.
- The application and attested copies of degree certificates, mark sheets, passport photo must be submitted at any of the study centers.
Here are the documents you need to submit with the application form.
1. 10th class certificate.
2. Intermediate certificate
3. Graduation certificate and marksheet.
4. Caste certificate if any.
The applicants have to make the payment at TS Online or AP Online centers. The study centers do not accept the fee payments.
The aspirants must crack the BRAOU Entrance Test, group discussion and interview to be able to secure the MBA seat in the university.
BRAOU Distance MBA Key Points
BRAOU offers an efficient multi-media teaching which comprises of audio video lessons on their website portal. Additionally, the students also get the course material shipped to their addresses. The lessons are also regularly broadcasted on AIR (All India Radio).
Pondicherry University has been offering quality distance education from the year 1995. The distance learning education aims at uplifting the necessary skills in passionate students. It is a central university and it has got all the required credentials and accreditations.
Rs 45,000 for 2 years and Rs 25,000 for 2 years if you opt for online mode.
The interested candidate must complete graduation from any of the recognized universities in India. It must be either 3 year degree, 10+2+3 or 11+1+3 format.
- The aspirants have to download the application form from the official website of Pondicherry University.
- Generally, the admissions for Distance MBA program are carried out between the first week of June till the end of September.
- The application form must be sent to the University Director with Rs 100 attached DD (Demand Draft).
- Attested copies of graduation certificate, transfer certificate, mark statement and consolidated mark sheet must be attached to the application form.
- The students can also apply for distance learning MBA program directly from the website.
- It's pretty easy to get admission in Distance MBA program from Pondicherry University as there is no entrance test.
Pondicherry University Distance MBA Key Points
1. The candidates would not get the hard copies of course material if they opt for online system. They have to study the course material from web portal online.
2. Pondicherry University offers fee concession for defence personnel, physically handicapped, transgenders, widows and prisoners. The applicants must submit necessary proof from concerned authorities.
3. PU also offers MBA program via twinning mode. The classes are held for twinning mode students at study centres located at Pondicherry, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Patna etc.