Symbiosis centre for distance learning (SCDL) is one of the top business-schools that offers distance education management courses in India. Symbiosis distance learning MBA (PGDBA) is one of the most popular and highly accepted management courses available today.
If you are living in a small city of India and interested in doing an MBA course or you’re doing a full time job in a metro city and don’t have time to pursue full time MBA course then SCDL distance learning MBA (PGDBA) course is for you.
Symbiosis offers distance learning MBA (PGDBA) and other diploma courses in a wide range of business areas including
- Business Management
- Banking and Finance
- Retail Management
- Digital Marketing
- International Business
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business and Corporate Laws
- Cyber Laws
- Export & Import Management
- IT Managemen
- tSupply Chain Management
- Insurance Management
- Entrepreneurship Development
Symbiosis is known as one of the best institutes for distance learning MBA courses in India. You can do course offered by SCDL while doing your regular full-time job. All of the courses offered by SCDL are designed to give you a boost in your career and these courses can certainly help you get a better position in your company.
After completing distance learning MBA from Symbiosis centre for distance learning, you can make your career as Finance Manager, Recruitment Coordinator, Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, Marketing Manager, Purchase Manager, Sales Manager, Brand Manager, Senior HR Officer, Placement Officer, HR Head, Administrative Head, Operations Head, Branch Head, Team Leader, Customer Service Manager, Project Manager, Business Development Manager.
Symbiosis uses a unique blended learning methodology for its programs. This methodology combines different forms of learning like Digital e-learning, Chat sessions, self-learning material, virtual classrooms etc.
The distance learning MBA (PGDBA) course offered by Symbiosis Centre for distance learning offers the following specializations.
- Management Accounting
- Human Resource Management
- Customer Relationship Management
Apart from the Post graduate diploma in business administration (PGDBA), SCDL also offers the following specialized post graduate diploma courses.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Post Graduate Diploma in IT Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Laws
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Labour Laws and Employee Relations
- Post Graduate Diploma in Renewable Energy Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Media and Event Management
Symbiosis Distance Education MBA Summary
- Name of the University: Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL)
- Name of the course: Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA)
- Minimum Duration: 2 Years
- Maximum Duration: 4 Years
- Age: There is no age bar to join this course
- Student must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- International students with a valid degree from a recognized university can also apply.
- Final year students awaiting results can also apply for the program. .
- Specializations: Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning offers the following PGDBA (MBA) specializations
- Marketing Management
- Finance Management
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Operation Management
- Management Accounting
- Customer Relationship Management
- Fee Structure: The total fee for Symbiosis Distance MBA (PGDBA) including the application fee is as follows.
- For General Students: INR 46,000/-
- For Active Defence/Paramilitary/Police Students: INR 43,000
- For SAARC Students: INR 92,300 or USD 1300
- For International Students: INR 1,70,400 or USD 2400
- Students need to purchase the admission form for getting admission in Symbiosis 2 years PGDBA program. .
- After filling up the application form, students are required to send the application form along with the required documents to SCDL Pune campus.
- Students are required to submit the course fee as per timeline to complete the admission process..
- Students are also required to appear in the admission test conducted by SCDL.
Admissions are Open
Do you want to take admission in distance MBA program? Admissions are currently open.
Admission Procedure - How to Apply?
Symbiosis distance learning MBA admission process is simple and straight forward.
There are several steps you need to follow to apply for Symbiosis distance MBA program.
These steps for taking admission in Symbiosis distance MBA program are listed below: –
- The first step is to purchase its prospectus and application form. There are three ways to do it. You can purchase it online from symbiosis website or you can get a hard copy from its campus in Pune city or you can get it from selected HDFC bank branches. Details of these branches are available on SCDL website. The price of Online form is Rs 1500. You can also get prospectus by post which is priced at Rs 1500.
- Fill your form and submit online. Send your hard copy to Symbiosis Pune campus with a registration fee of Rs. 1500.
- Students who have not appeared in any of the State Level or equivalent entrance test at State or National Level need to clear SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test for PGDBA course after submitting the application
- You can pay either a full fee of the course or you can pay it in two installments at the time of admission. You have to pay it along with your Registration Form. If you have opted to pay it in two installments then the last day of the second installment is 15 November. You can also submit the fees via Demand Draft in favor of ‘The Director, SCDL Pune’ payable at Pune.
*Students have to pay separate entrance test fee to appear for SCDL-PGDBA Entrance Test.
*Registration Fee for students of SAARC is US$ 100 and International students is US$ 100.
Documents to be submitted with Registration Form
- Academic Documents duly attested by Class One Gazetted officer or notarised from Notary.
- Document proof of Work Experience (if any).
- Document proof of Name Change (if any).
- 2 Passport Size photographs.
- Photo Identity proof.
- A copy of his/her valid scorecard of MBA/ MMS-CET/G-MAT/CAT/MAT/ATMA/ XAT/C-MAT or equivalent entrance test.
You have the option to pay a fee in full or in two installments. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Symbiosis distance learning MBA fee structure 2020 is mentioned as below. The total fee for Symbiosis distance MBA is Rs. 46000/-. You can also pay the fee in two installments. The first installment of Rs. 31000 needs to be paid when you take admission, and the second installment of Rs. 20000/- can be paid after that.
Below is complete details for SCDL distance MBA fee structure.
Option 2 – Installment Mode
One Time Payment
You can pay Fee online or by cash accepted only in Symbiosis Pune Campus. You can also pay by Demand Draft payable at Pune in favor of “The Director S.C.D.L., Pune ”.
Note: The exam fee is not included in the fee mentioned above. Students of SCDL are required to pay exam fees per exam per attempt separately.
The following is the eligibility criteria for admission in Symbiosis distance learning MBA course
- Graduation from any disciple from a recognize University.
- International/SAARC graduate from a recognized/accredited University/Institution.
- Those students who are in their final year can also apply.
- Students who have a valid score in any of the State Level MBA/ MMS-CET/ C-MAT/ G-MAT/ CAT/
MAT/ ATMA/ XAT or equivalent entrance test at State or National level. It should be valid for current academic year OR Students who have qualified in SCDL – PGDBA Entrance Test.
Duration of this course is two years. Although your registration will be valid for four years.
The SCDL PGDBA program is divided in four semesters. The first and second semesters have 5 subjects each, while the third and forth semesters have four and three subjects respectively.
The first two semesters are common for all students, irrespective of the specialization chosen by them.
In third and fourth semesters, students learn subjects as per their specialization chosen.
Below is the course structure of Symbiosis distance MBA (PGDBA) program.
Principles and Practices of Management
Production or Operations Management
Compulsory Subject 1
Compulsory Subject 1
Management Information Systems
Compulsory Subject 2
Compulsory Subject 2
Human Resource Management
Compulsory Subject 3
Compulsory Subject 1
Compulsory Subject 4
After successfully completing all the 4 semesters, students will be awarded a post graduate diploma in business administration.
Students who have completed 2 semesters but don't want to complete all the four semesters due to unavoidable circumstances, will be eligible for a diploma in management. These students need to make a specific application to SCDL to opt out of the PGDBA Program within the registration validity period of PGDBA.
Why Symbiosis Centre For Distance Learning?
- An award winning institution: SCDL has won many prestigious awards for offering quality management education through distance learning. Outlook magazine, Career360, Competition Success Review, Maharashtra Government, DNA Indus learning survey has acknowledge SCDL for their contribution in distance education in India.
- Online Classrooms: SCDL provides online classroom facility to their students where students can attend a live online classroom and interact with expert faculty via the internet.
- E-Learning: Symbiosis provides an e-learning platform to their students where they can access to case studies and scenarios that are developed in-house by SCDL faculties.
- E-Mentoring: SCDL conduct a periodic chat session for students where students can chat with faculty members to clear their doubts.
- Self-Learning Material: The Academics Department has prepared self-learning material for various courses offered by SCDL. This material is provided to every student join a course at SCDL.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Question: Does symbiosis offer MBA degree or diploma?
Answer: Symbiosis center for distance learning offers only diploma courses. Since it is not a university, it can not award a degree to their students. Although the course structure of their PGDBA programme is almost similar to the MBA degree programme.
Question: Are symbiosis distance learning courses recognized by UGC?
Answer: Yes, all the distance learning courses offered by Symbiosis centre for distance learning are recognized by UGC (Distance Education Bureau).
Question: Is SCDL approved by AICTE?
Answer: An AICTE approval is required for institutions which are offering an MBA degree programme. Since SCDL does not offer a degree programme, an AICTE approval is not required.
Question: Is symbiosis distance learning worth?
Answer: Symbiosis center for distance learning is one of the most reputed institution in India for management courses. Students who has completed their PGDBA from SCDL are already working with big companies. Although SCDL do not guarantee a job but if you have caliber, you can get a good job after doing a post graduate diploma program from Symbiosis.
Question: What is the fees of symbiosis distance learning MBA (PGDBA)?
Answer: The total free for symbiosis distance learning MBA course is approx INR 41500.
Question: Symbiosis distance learning MBA ranking?
Answer: The MBA (PGDBA) programme offered by SCDL has won many prestigious awards. Different magazines and newspapers has ranked their PGDBA program among top 3 distance learning courses in India.
Question: How to apply for symbiosis distance learning MBA?
Answer: To take admission in SCDL PGDBA programme, students are required to purchase a prospectus cum application form. After filling up the application form, students are required to send it to SCDL with required documents. Clearing the entrance test is also required for getting admission.
Question: What is the Eligibility Criteria for Symbiosis Distance learning MBA?
Answer: You must be graduate in any discipline from a recognized University to be eligible for SCDL PGDBA program.
Question: Does SCDL offer any placement assistance after completion of the programme?
Answer: Yes, SCDL offer placement assistance to students who has completed their course.
Question: What learning methodology does SCDL use?
Answer: SCDL use blended approach to student learning with a combination of - traditional books, e-learning and faculty interaction.
Question: What is the current ranking of distance learning MBA from Symbiosis?
Answer: After reviewing so many distance education MBA/PGDBA courses in India, we have ranked Symbiosis PGDBA as 2nd best distance learning Management course in India.
Question: How many students are currently pursuing a course from SCDL?
Answer: Based on the latest data provided by SCDL, more than 1 lakh active students are doing a course from SCDL.
Question: Does Symbiosis offer personal contact program (PCP)?
Answer: Yes, Symbiosis conduct PCP at Pune. To know the PCP schedule, students may visit the Symbiosis website.
Question: Is Symbiosis good for distance learning MBA?
Answer: Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) is one of the top institutions in India offering distance learning management courses.
The Symbiosis distance MBA has been ranked among the top 5 distance MBA courses by many magazines and websites.
Career360, DNA Indus Learning Survey, Competition Success Review, Outlook magazine have awarded SCDL as one of the top institutions in India for distance learning,
Symbiosis distance learning MBA has a high acceptance rate in the corporate sector. Overall, SCDL MBA is a good option if you’re looking for a good and affordable distance MBA program
Question: Is Symbiosis distance learning MBA recognized by UGC?
Answer: Yes, the distance learning MBA offered by Symbiosis is recognized by University Grant Commission - Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB).
Question: What is the fee for MBA in Symbiosis distance learning?
Answer: Compared to the other distance learning MBA courses available in India, the fee for SCDL distance learning MBA is quite affordable. The fee structure for Indian students is as follows
Application Form Fee – INR 1500
Program Fee – INR 40000
Students may also submit the fee in two instalments of INR 27000 and INR 17000 respectively.
There is a discount of INR 3000 given to Active Defence/Paramilitary/Police.
Question: How can I apply for MBA distance learning in Symbiosis?
Answer: The application process for MBA distance learning in Symbiosis is quite simple 3 step process.
Step 1: Purchase the application form from website www.scdl.net or SCDL Associates & HDFC banks.
Step 2: Complete the registration process by submitting the application form along with the required documents.
Step 3: Submit the program fee.
Question: Is there any entrance exam for distance MBA in Symbiosis?
Answer: Yes, there is an entrance exam for getting admission in SCDL distance MBA. Students who do not have a minimum 3 years of working experience are required to clear the exam for getting an admission.
Question: Is Symbiosis PGDBA equals to MBA?
Answer: Symbiosis is not a university; hence it cannot offer the degree course like MBA. Symbiosis only offers diploma courses and the two year diploma course i.e PGDBA is considered equals to MBA by many corporates in India. Although it may not considered equals to a degree where a post graduate degree is the mandatory requirement, e.g doing a PHD.