University of Madras, popularly known as Madras University, is a well-known university of South India. The university known for its regular and distance education courses. The institute of distance education was established in 1981 and has completed more than 35 years of service in the field of distance education.
The distance education MBA course offered by the Madras University is the most popular distance learning program. Including the distance education MBA, the university offers total 78 courses i.e 22 Undergraduate Courses, 14 Postgraduate Courses, 9 Postgraduate Science Courses, 5 Professional Courses, 16 Diploma Courses and 12 Certificate Courses.
Madras University invite applications for admission in their distance education courses twice in a year for the July admission cycle and January admission cycle.
In this article, we will discuss about the Madras University distance education MBA courses, fee structure, admission procedure, and other relevant details like admission last date, specializations.
Admissions Are Open
Are you planning to join a distance or online MBA programme? Admissions are open for the upcoming session. If you want to apply or want a counselor to call you back, click on the button below and fill up the enquiry form.
Introduction to Madras University Distance Education MBA
Madras University distance education MBA is a 2-year post graduate degree program that is recognized by the UGC-DEB. The program offers 6 specializations.
Below are the distance education MBA courses offered by the University of Madras.
- MBA-Marketing Management
- MBA-Financial Management
- MBA-Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- MBA-Human Resource Management
- MBA-Hospital Management
- MBA-Systems Management
The two year distance education MBA program offered by the Madras University is divided into four semesters.
The university takes admission twice is a year. The academic year stream runs from June to November and December to May. The calendar year stream runs from January to June and July to December.
Madras University Distance MBA Summary
- Name of the University: University of Madras
- Name of the course: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum Duration: 2 Years
- Maximum Duration: 4 Years
- Age: There is no age bar to join this course
The students shall be required to have ANY ONE of the following qualifications under 10+2+3 pattern of Education:
- A graduation degree from Madras University or any other University recognized by the UGC/AIU.
- A Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law.
- Professional Qualification in Accountancy/Cost & Works Accountancy/Company Secretary ship.
- Specializations: Madras university offers the following MBA specializations
- MBA – Marketing Management
- MBA – Finance Management
- MBA – Human Resource Management (HRM)
- MBA – Hospital Management
- MBA – System Management
- MBA – Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Fee Structure: The fee structure for Madras University distance MBA is as follows
- First Year Fee:19,250/- For Offline Admission, Rs.20,150 For Online Admission
- Second Year Fee: 17,600/-
- Project Fee: Rs.3000
- Payment Mode: Through bank challan or online payment gateway
- Admission are open throughout the year in the Academic Year Stream (July to June) as well as Calendar Year Stream (January to December).
- Students seeking admission in Madras University distance education degree program can take admission choose any one of the following admission mode i.e Single Window Admission Centre / Online Admission / Learner Support Centers.
- Single window admission centre is located at the university campus. For online admission students are required to visit the official website of the university. Leaner support centers are located at different part of the state of Tamil Nadu.
Madras university distance education MBA course structure is as below.
|Core Paper- I||Management Principles and Business Ethics|
|Core Paper-II||Quantitative and Research Methods in Business|
|Core Paper-III||Organisational Behaviour|
|Core Paper-IV||Accounting for Managers|
|Core Paper-V||Managerial Economics|
|II – SEMESTER|
|Core Paper-VI||Legal Systems in Business|
|Core Paper-VII||Applied Operations Research|
|Core Paper-VIII||Strategic Management|
|Core Paper- IX||International Business|
|Core Paper- X||Management Information System|
|Core Paper-XI||Human Resource Management|
|Core Paper-XII||Marketing Management|
|Core Paper-XIII||Operations Management|
|Core Paper-XIV||Financial Management|
|Core Paper -XV||Innovation and Entrepreneurship|
|IV – SEMESTER|
|**Choose FOUR Papers from any one set of the SIX ELECTIVES||Paper – I|
|Paper – II|
|Paper – III|
|Paper – IV|
|* Core Paper-XVI||PROJECT WORK (or)|
|Optional Subject I Optional Subject II||Services Marketing Quality Management|
ELECTIVE PAPERS (SPECIALIZATION)
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Human Resources Development
- Industrial and Labour Relations
- Performance Management
- Organisational Development
- Corporate Finance
- Security Analysis and Portfolio Management
- Tax Management
- Merchant Banking & Financial Services
- Health Policy and Health Care Systems
- Hospital Planning and Administration
- Hospital Records Management
- Customer Relationship Management
LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Principles & Practice of Logistics Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Inventory & Warehousing Management
- Domestic and International Logistics Management
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Advertising and Sales Promotion
- Marketing Research and Consumer Behaviour
- Brand Management
- Database Management Systems
- Decision Support System
- System Analysis and Design
All the students are required to undergo a project during the last semester of their distance MBA program. They can choose the project topic as per their interest. A project report is required to be prepared based on the investigation carried out by the students in a business or industrial organization.
Students seeking admission in Madras university distance MBA program should meet the below-mentioned eligibility criteria. The student shall be required to have ANY ONE of the following qualifications under 10+2+3 pattern of Education:
- The students must be a graduate in any field of study from Madras University or any other university recognized by the UGC/AIU or a qualification accepted by this University as equivalent thereto
- A Professional Degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine/Architecture/Law.
- Professional Qualification in Accountancy/Cost & Works Accountancy/Company Secretary ship
All students who meet the above-mentioned eligibility criteria are also required to clear the entrance exam conducted by the Institute of Distance Education (IDE), The University of Madras.
Madras university distance education MBA fee is Rs. 37750/- . Find below the complete free structure for distance education MBA program offered by the University of Madras.
Madras University Graduates
Other University Graduates
Ist Year MBA
Ist Year MBA
II Year MBA
Students can pay the fee through any of the following payment methods
- Generated fee challan with the bank designated by the Madras University.
- Demand Draft
- Online Payment Gateway provided on the official website of the university.
Madras university distance education MBA procedure is simple. There are three ways students can get admission in Madras University distance MBA courses.
Admission Through Single Window Admission Centre
Students seeking admission can visit the single window admission centre located at the IDE building at Chepauk Campus, Chennai.
Students visiting single window admission centre are required to follow below mentioned instructions
- Filled-in admission form need to be submitted at admission counter along with photostat copies of the certificates, filled-in computer coding sheet;
- Photo copies of the certificates will be verified with the originals.
- Eligible students are required to pay Rs.400 entrance examination fee and have to attend the examination.
- Students who passed the examination will be given provisional admission letter.
- After receiving the provisional admission letter, students are required to pay the tuition and other fee at bank counter. After paying the fee students can collect the study material and ID card from the counter.
Admission Through Online
All Indian nationals can take admission online in Madras University distance MBA courses. Students want to take admission through online mode can visit the website www.ideunom.ac.in
It is advised to check your eligibility before applying for the admission.
After online registration, students can pay the fee through online payment gateway available at official website.
After making the successful payment, study material and ID card will be sent by post to student’s given address.
Students taking admission online are also required to send the original certificates along with the photocopies for verification purpose through registered post. After verification, the original documents will be returned to students.
Students can also visit the university in person to get the documents verified.
Admission Through Learning Support Centres
To facilitate the admission process, Madras University has established learning support centres within Tamil Nadu. Students seeking admission in Madras University distance MBA program can visit any of the learning support centres and complete the admission formalities.
Students interested in taking admission though learning support centres can download the prospectus and admission form online and submit the same at learning support centres along with the required documents.
After submitting the document, students will be given provisional admission along with the enrollment number.
After getting the provisional admission, students may submit the fee online or offline through excepted mode of payments by the university.
After completing all the admission formalities, students can collect the study material and identity card from the concern learning centre.
All students are required to appear in mandatory entrance examination.
Institute Of Distance Education
University Of Madras
Chennai - 600 005