IGNOU MBA is one of the top distance education MBA courses in India.
When we think about distance education, IGNOU is the first name that clicks to our mind. Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) was established back in 1985 and was named after former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi.
IGNOU is the largest university in the World with more than 4 million students.
The university was started with the aim to make higher education accessible to disadvantaged segments of society.
Enter your text here...
IGNOU MBA Summary
- Name of the University: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
- Name of the course: Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Minimum Duration: 2.5 Years
- Maximum Duration: 8 Years
- Age: There is no age bar to join this course
- The student must be a graduate with 3 years professional experience. 50% marks in graduation are required for general category students and 45% marks in graduation are required for reserved category students.
- Students with professional degree including CA/ ICWAI /Medicine /Engineering /Law /ICAI with 50% marks are eligible for admission
- All students are required to clear OpenMAT conducted by IGNOU.
- Specializations: IGNOU offers the following MBA specializations
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Finance Management
- Financial Markets Practice
- Fee Structure: The total fee for IGNOU MBA is 31,500/-
- Admission to IGNOU MBA is done on the basis of the score obtain by a student in IGNOU MBA entrance test known as OpenMAT.
- OpenMAT is conducted twice in a year in the months of August and February.
- To appear in OpenMAT, students need to fill up the application form for OpenMAT and send it to IGNOU HQ.
- Successful students in OpenMAT will be offered admission in IGNOU MBA.
About The Distance Education MBA Course Offered by IGNOU
The MBA course offered by IGNOU is one of the top distance education MBA courses in India. IGNOU MBA course is offered by The School of Management Studies (SOMS) of Indira Gandhi National Open University. SOMS was started in the year 1987 and currently offers 4 Management programmes and 14 programmes in Commerce.
IGNOU also offer MBA programme in African countries.
IGNOU deliver the MBA course through self-instructional printed course material and multimedia.
The self-instructional printed course material is sent to all students who enrolled in the programme by post.
For face to face interaction with counsellors and Audio-Video sessions, students can visit study centers. IGNOU also run videos lectures on Doordarshan, and Audio programs on All India Radio. These are some unique features of IGNOU MBA that none of other University offer.
IGNOU keeps developing new programs and make some changes in the existing programs to keep up with the new changes that are taking place in the business world. In the recent past, IGNOU also collaborate with apex institutions to develop new courses in the field of management.
If you are a working professional and wants to acquire managerial skills or you want to upgrade your managerial skills, IGNOU Distance Learning MBA course is for you.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission into IGNOU MBA
The eligibility criteria for admission into IGNOU MBA course is as follows
- The candidate must be a graduate to be eligible for admission in IGNOU MBA course.
- For general candidate 50% marks are required at graduation level and for reserved category, 45% marks are required for admission.
- Candidates are also required to clear an entrance test called OPENMAT conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University.
- There is no age bar for admission.
About IGNOU OPENMAT – Entrance Test for Admission in MBA Programme
OPENMAT is an entrance test that IGNOU conducts twice in a year. Students seeking admission in IGNOU MBA programme are required to clear OPENMAT exam.
If you wish to appear in OPENMAT exam, the last dates for submitting your filled-in application form are 15 July and 15 December of each year.
The entrance test is usually held in the 3rd Sunday of August and 1st Sunday of February every year.
If someone wishes to appear in both the OPENMAT exams, it is required to apply separately for both the exams.
IGNOU MBA Admission Procedure
As we have mentioned earlier in this article that people with a graduation degree can apply for admission in IGNOU Distance Education MBA programme.
Although, they are required to clear the OPENMAT Examination, which is conducted by IGNOU twice in a year all over India.
IGNOU sends a result card to all the students who appear in the entrance test. In result card, IGNOU mentions if a student has cleared the entrance test or not based on the merit cut off score decided by IGNOU.
Successful candidates can apply for the admission by filling up the admission form (form 2) available in the IGNOU MBA prospectus.
After filling up the admission form, it is required to send it to the regional director along with the required documents.
For more information regarding the admission process, someone can refer to the prospectus.
IGNOU MBA Fee Structure
There are total 21 subjects in IGNOU MBA programme. The fee for each subject is INR 1500. So the total fee for IGNOU MBA course would be 1500*21=31500.
Fee is not refundable in any circumstances.
Students can pay the fee through a demand draft obtain from any schedule bank.
Make sure you write your name, enrolment number and address at the back of the of the demand draft.
All students including the students from the reserved category are required to pay the fee in full.
Students from the reserved category can apply for the scholarship that is available to the students of PG courses from Government of India, by filling up the scholarship form