About IMT CDL
IMT distance education MBA (PGDM) ranks #1 in India. The two year post graduate diploma program is offered under IMT centre for distance learning.
The IMT-CDL distance education MBA (PGDM) is designed to equip students with the latest management education and helps them to deal the current business challenges.
With the number of new management colleges are cropping up in India, the quality of education is decreasing. IMT CDL uses the curriculum benchmarked with global institutions so that the quality of education is maintained.
IMT CDL is on a high node for contributing to this education system in its own way. Fully prepared with the required supplements, necessary skills and technology, the faculty here are ready to prepare highly skilled and versatile professionals for future who will become leaders in the business world.
Institute of Management and Technology Centre for Distance Learning (IMT-CDL) spreads across 6 acres and is a complete lush green campus just an hour away from Delhi. The institute consists of world-class infrastructure and facilities like Wi-Fi, broad library with a great stock of good books, auditorium and well equipped classrooms.
IMT CDL is recognised by the University Grants Commission (UGC) to provide various professional Post-Graduate management programmes vide letter no. UGC/DEB/IMT-II/08 dated 26.06.2015 for the academic year 2015-2016-Reg.
Through distance learning mode, IMT provides the following distance learning courses in India
- One Year PG Certificate in Management (PGCM)
- Two Year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- One Year Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM-Executive)
IMTCDL Distance MBA Summary
|University Name||IMT Ghaziabad|
|Year of Establishment||1980|
|Headquarter||Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh|
|Course Name||PGDM (MBA)|
|Course Duration||2 Years (4 Semesters)|
|Specializations||Marketing Management Human Resource Management Business Analytics Finance Management Operation Management|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or equivalent degree recognized by AIU|
|Program Fee||INR 125000|
|Medium of Instruction||Online|
|Mode of Study||English|
|Admission Cycle||January & July|
IMT Distance Learning MBA (PGDM)
The distance learning MBA (PGDM) programme offered by IMT Ghaziabad is designed and developed for enhancing the management skills of young minds and to make them understand the challenging factors that they would have to face through real time experience.
This two year of learning will provide students with clear concepts of management discipline.
The curriculum covers all the important topics and discipline areas of management
This PGDM specialization programme will give a clear view to students in their respective specialized fields.
The two-year MBA PGDM programme proposes specialization in six different subjects, namely
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Finance Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Analytics
Structure of the Programme
- The two-year MBA PGDM programme is divided among a total of four semesters, with core subjects (15), electives (4) and 1 project which is taken up in the very last semester.
- The initial three semesters of the programme will focus on giving knowledge to the students about the important spheres related to management. The fourth semester will teach the students about the contents of their chosen specialization.
- During the last semester, the candidates will undertake the electives in the areas of their specialization. They will have to choose the elective from their particular area and also submit the project thesis for that elective.
The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline.
Admission test will be required
Candidates from the following categories are exempted from the entrance test.
- Graduates with two years of working experience
- Candidates with 60% and above marks in 10th, 12th and graduation.
- CA/ICWA/Technical or Legal Professionals/M-Tech/CS/MBBS
- Diploma holders of IMT-CDL's One Year Programme.
IMT distance learning MBA fee is Rs. 1,25,000.
The fee can be paid in equal installments in 4 semesters. The fee structure is as below
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3||Semester 4|
The total fee includes the following fees: academic fee, examination fee, reading material fee, library/digital library
The fee needs to be pay at the beginning of every session.
Students are also required to pay Rs. 1000/- alumni fee along with the first semester fee.
Mode Of Payment
- Payment is accepted by non-refundable DD only, in favour of IMT CDL, payable at Delhi.
- Payment can also be deposited through payment gateway.
- IMT CDL allocates 20% concession on academic fee only. This concession will be given to retired or serving defense personnel, war widows, handicapped and SC/ST candidates.
- Fee structure in IMT CDL changes time to time and the revised structure is applicable for every student.
- In absolute terms, the quantum of concession would be Rs. 4,400/- per semester per eligible candidate.
IMT CDL has all rights to change the fee structure time to time. The revised fee structure will be applicable to all the students.
Admissions for the IMT-CDL distance learning MBA/PGDM program is done two times in a year – January & July.
The selection to IMT distance learning MBA programme is based on screening by the selection committee.
Candidates are also required to appear into an entrance test to get admission into the MBA/PDGM course.
Students can get the admission form from IMT CDL head office or download it from official website by paying application fee of Rs. 1100.
After filling up the form, candidate can submit the form along with the draft for the fee in IMT CDL head office. Fee can also be paid online at IMT CDL website.
Candidate can only apply for only one course at a time.
Special Note to Students
- For any information, latest news or any update, candidates can check IMT CDL official website
- All policies, fee structure, facilities, rules & regulations, syllabus, etc. are subject to restoration and will change as per requirement. Changed policies and rules will be applicable to every student.
- Any dispute is subject to the jurisdiction of Ghaziabad court only.
- If any candidate will fail in credential verification then IMT CDL has the right to deny his/her admission.
- Students are advised to mention their roll number and email ID with all the communication with IMT CDL.
Recognition and Approval
IMT centre for distance learning is recognized by the UGC.
IMT CDL has approvals from both the UGC and AICTE to offer distance learning courses in India.
Below are copies of IMT CDL approvals.
As we can see above in the AICTE approval letter that IMT CDL has an approval to offer PGDM, PGDM (Executive), and PGCM courses for 2022-2023 session.
The intake approval for two-year post graduate diploma (MBA) program is 2650.
For PGDM (Executive) the approved intake is 1200, and for PGCM the approved intake is 600.
IMT CDL also has an approval from the UGC to offer all three distance learning courses in India.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How is IMT Ghaziabad distance learning MBA?
IMT Ghaziabad distance learning MBA (PGDM) program is one of the top ranked distance learning management programs in India. IMT CDL two year PGDM is recognized by UGC-DEB and AICTE.
The distance learning MBA (PGDM) program has won many prestigious awards including ABP News National Education Awards, CSR Top Distance Learning Institute of India Award, AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE IN DISTANCE LEARNING” by BBC Knowledge, and many more.
Question: Is IMT Ghaziabad distance education degree valid?
IMT Ghaziabad centre for distance learning is recognized by the UGC-DEB and AICTE. Since the institution has the approvals from the concerned departments, its degree is all valid.
Question: What is the fee structure of IMT distance learning MBA?
The fee for IMT CDL PGDM (MBA) program is Rs. 31000 i.e Rs. 1,24,000 per year.
Question: Is IMT centre for distance learning is approved by UGC?
Yes, IMT Ghaziabad distance learning courses are approved by the UGC-DEB.
Question: Is IMT centre for distance learning is approved by AICTE?
Yes, IMT Ghaziabad distance learning courses are approved by the AICTE.
Question: What are the eligibility criteria for IMT distance education MBA (PGDM) program?
The student must be having a Graduation Degree in any discipline from any recognized University or equivalent degree recognized by (AIU).
Question: How can I apply for IMT distance learning MBA program?
IMT CDL invites applications for admission twice a year - July and January.
Students seeking admission in IMT distance learning MBA program need to purchase the admission form by paying Rs. 1100. The form can be obtained from IMT CDL offices and online from IMT CDL website.
Students can send the filled application form to IMT CDL office. Fee can be paid online through IMT CDL website.
Question: Does IMT CDL have an entrance exam for distance MBA?
Yes, Students need to clear an entrance exam to get an admission.
Question: How many semesters are there in IMT distance MBA?
It is a 2 year (24 months) program divided into 4 semesters.
Question: What is the last date for admission in IMT distance MBA?
For January admission cycle, the last date for admission is 15th FEB, and for July admission Cycle, the last date for admission in 14 August.
Question: What is the IMT Ghaziabad distance learning contact number?
The IMT distance learning contact number is 1800-200-1063.