Introduction to Pondicherry University
Pondicherry University distance education MBA is a reputed post graduate programme in the field of business management.
Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to opt for Post-Graduation in a conventional way by spending 2 years. Distance Education is a boon to such people helping to complete the course and gain a certificate with distance education.
Pondicherry University offers an excellent opportunity to pursue MBA through distance education. They started the concept of distance education almost 2 decades ago. So, they are all well-versed with the challenges you face while receiving distance education and the challenges you face as their student.
With extensive study over the last 2 decades, Pondicherry is one of the few universities who excel in distance education. They offer distance education MBA courses with various specializations like Marketing, Finance, International Business, HRM and General.
So, here, we will discuss the different distance education MBA courses, admission process, fee structure, eligibility and more.
About the University
With more than 3 decades in the education sector, Pondicherry University was started in 1985 under the Act of Parliament. The university is well-known for its distance education due to its approach and methods used. The university’s vision is to provide state of the art higher education and research options to match the global benchmarks with the help of resources and opportunities. Also, their aim is to adapt to the needs of constantly changing society and industry.
Their mission is to deploy globally competent resources in terms of people, infrastructure and partners through development of trained human resources, who will serve as agents of value-based societal transformation in various spheres of life enriched with technology-assisted education, research, training and cultural integration.
Pondicherry University Master of Business Administration (MBA)
When it comes to distance education, it is a privilege offered to those who were unable to pursue PG due to various reasons. The reason could be anything, financial, time-constraint, limited-access, family issues, responsibilities and more.
Pondicherry University offers distance education MBA courses in two methods:
- Conventional Mode with Online Admission
- Twinning Mode
The electives for distance education MBA are the same for both of these methods offered by the university. The electives available to choose from are:
- International Business
- Human Resource Management
Talking about the Conventional Mode, Pondicherry University offers online admission via application submitted from the university link only. Please search for DDE link in the university website www.pondiuni.edu.in. This site applies for both methods, so please select the mode of the distance education MBA course with utmost care.
Below is the eligibility criteria for Pondicherry University distance MBA course.
A candidate would be considered eligible for an online MBA course, only if he can produce the original certificates of the following documents:
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th (10+2) Mark Sheet
- Degree/Provisional Certificate/Consolidated Marks Sheet of Degree
The Pondicherry University distance education MBA admission process remains the same for the most part of both the modes with a few changes. Let’s check out the general admission process for MBA distance education offered by Pondicherry University.
Some Important Things to Know
Please make sure to follow the below-given instructions while filling and submitting the application form. Even a single mismatch of information provided by the student could lead to the application getting rejected.
A Fee of Rs. 1000/- has to be paid as a registration fee for all the MBA distance education courses offered by Pondicherry University.
- All relevant columns and fields in the application form have to be filled with accurate information
- Your address should be clear and precise in capital letters with a valid email ID and mobile number
- Passport Size photograph has to be uploaded to the relevant space provided
- All the supporting documents have to be submitted that include 10th Class Marks Sheet, 12th Class (10+2) Mark Sheet, Degree/Provisional Certificate/Consolidated Mark Sheet of Degree and a photocopy of any ID issued by any State/Central government
- Original Certificates or the Mark Sheets have to be mailed to the address mentioned which will be sent back after verification via speed post DDE
- Candidates who don’t receive their certificates back within a month from the date of admission should write to the Directorate of Distance Education
- Transfer or Migration Certificate is not needed
These instructions are applicable for both modes of the Pondicherry University MBA Distance education course.
As we have already discussed, ensure to follow the same instructions while filling the application form.
There are a few points that we need to know about the application process.
- Applications without supporting documents or incomplete information will be rejected
- You cannot demand admission as a right
- You are legally liable for any information provided on the application form
As per the 2 modes available for Pondicherry University Distance Education MBA, there are 2 fee structures for each of them. Since Twinning mode provides a set number of classes to the candidates, the fee structure is a little higher as compared to the conventional mode.
Let’s have a look at the Pondicherry University distance education MBA fee structure for both the modes:
|Recognition Fee (For Foreign university degree)
|Study Material Fee
|University Development Fee
|Tuition Fee (All Semesters)
With respect to the fee structure, this is all the information that you need to know about both the modes available for MBA Distance Learning at the Pondicherry Distance University.
Modes of Fee Payment
There are 3 modes of payment available for students, you could choose the one that is most convenient for you.
- Demand Draft in favor of “The Finance Officer, Pondicherry University, Puducherry” payable at Puducherry
- Via Cash for a direct credit to the account at Indian Bank, Pondicherry University Branch
- Online payment via NEFT/RTGS/Online Banking/Payment Gateway found on the website
The only available option in case of Distance Education would be the last one. In case of DD, please ensure that you write your name, application number, enrollment number, course name and nature of fee behind the DD.
Since there is a refund under any circumstances otherwise mentioned, ensure that you furnish accurate information behind the DD if you choose to go with that mode of payment.
Things to Remember
The information that I’m about to share is a need to know information for all the students planning to join MBA in the Pondicherry Distance University. This information could help you to understand the rules of the university a bit better before you start your course.
- You are obligated to provide proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned on or before 30th of October of the following academic year. If not, your admission will be canceled and the fees paid will be refunded
- Enrollment Number provided by the website is your unique identification number and any letter without mentioning the enrollment number will not be entertained
- There is no option to change of course under any circumstances, so select your course and program of study with the utmost care
- Scholarships for SC/ST students can be availed as per their State or Union Territory protocol
- Study material will be provided via a Registered mail or by business parcel services. Ensure that yourself or someone is available to receive the study material at the time of arrival
Twinning Mode for Online MBA course is a unique and interesting method introduced by the Pondicherry University.
Twinning would be basically tie-ups with various local colleges in different states to ensure that a proper class is being held for the enrolled students. It is usually the evening and weekend classes that are available for those who enroll for this mode of MBA.
Distance education is an excellent option for those who are working, have no access to higher education, married with kids, or belong to any of the different categories of lesser fortunate groups or sectors of the society.
With this very vision in mind, Pondicherry University has been maintaining a level of commitment and excellence over the years in the Post Graduation sector. If you are willing to opt for distance education MBA, have a peek at this university and you will be surprised at the convenience.