Why Distance Learning?
Education is an important part of our life and the modern world has changed the ways how we can get our education.
Sometimes, being in a small town/city, we don’t have good colleges to pursue education as per our interest.
It may also be possible that we don’t want to leave our hometown for different reasons. What should we do if we have to pursue advance education? That’s where distance education steps in.
Distance learning courses open ways to get niche education even in far corners of India.
So you can stay in your hometown and get advance education as per your interest.
Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) Pune
There are many institutions in India which are specialized to offer different distance learning courses. One of the most prominent is Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning (SCDL) Pune.
Symbiosis is providing quality education since the year 2001 and one of the largest distance learning institute in India recognized by UGC and DEB.
SCDL Pune offers various diplomas and certificates for graduates and postgraduates across industry sectors including corporate programs. A specialized certificate/diploma from Symbiosis can help to get ahead in your career.
SCDL is known for the brilliant quality of its courses. It provides resources to teach, evaluate, e-learning and self-learning which is prepared carefully to maintain industry standards.
There is full bodied curriculum which is comparable to any full-time management institute. It uses blended learning methodology for its programs.
This methodology combines different forms of learning like Digital e-learning, Chat sessions, self-learning material, virtual classrooms etc. It also provides a dedicated call center to help students queries.
Symbiosis Distance Learning (SCDL) Courses & Fee Structure
Distance Learning Courses available in Symbiosis are listed below with their respective fees: -
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
General: Rs. 36,000/-
Post Graduate Diploma in International Business
Post Graduate Diploma in IT Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance
Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
General: Rs. 22,000/-
Post Graduate Diploma in Insurance Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Customer Relationship Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Export and Import Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Technical Writing
Post Graduate Diploma in Instructional Design
Post Graduate Diploma in Pre-Primary Teachers Training
Post Graduate Diploma in Business and Corporate Laws
Diploma in Creative Writing in English
Diploma in English Language Teaching
General : Rs. 10,000/-
Certificate in Cyber Laws
Certificate in Entrepreneurship Development
Certificate in Management Accounting
Certificate in Digital Marketing
Corporate Post Graduate Diploma in Business
Rs.57,000/- ( Online Class )
The eligibility criteria is different for each type of courses. For post-graduation diploma courses, the eligibility criteria is as follows.
- Any Graduate from a recognize university.
- Students studying in their final year of Graduation
- International/SAARC Graduates from a recognised/accredited University/Institution.
Note – The Eligibility criteria for the below mentioned courses is Class 12 i.e 10+2.
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English
- Diploma in English Language Teaching
How to Apply
- First, you need to purchase its prospectus and application form. You can purchase it online from symbiosis website or hard copy from its campus in Pune city. It is also available in selected Axis bank branches.
Online Copy – Rs. 1100
Hard Copy – Rs. 1200
- You need to submit or courier your application form to symbiosis with a registration fee of Rs. 1000.
- You have the option to pay either a full fee of the course or in two installments. You have to pay it along with your Registration Form. The last day of the second installment is 15 November.
Registration for SAARC and International Students
There is a different registration fee for SAARC and international students. The registration fee table is as below: –
|Post Graduate Diploma
The SCDL Advantages
Symbiosis use blended learning methodology for its programs. This methodology combines different forms of learning like Digital e-learning, Chat sessions, self-learning material, virtual classrooms etc.
- Online Classrooms – Online or virtual classrooms replace real classroom with same learning techniques aka interaction with faculty members and fellow students as well as comfort of your home. You can also replay and repeat lectures as well for better understanding.
- E-Mentoring – Faculty members from Symbiosis regularly conduct online chat sessions every week which help students to clear their doubts and engage in active discussions.
- Self-learning resources – Symbiosis provide Self-learning resources which is carefully prepared with extensive research by its in-house Academics Department. The syllabus of its content revised every year as per industry needs and student feedback.
- Personal Contact Programs (PCP): Additionally, Symbiosis conduct real classes in Institute campus of Pune city. It is called Personal Contact Programs. Students interested to attend these classes can check its schedule on SCDL website.
How can you select a Distance Learning Course?
Symbiosis providing courses for a vast range of industry sector. You can select a course according to your interest in a specific sector. Below is the list of industry sectors on which courses provided by the institute.
|Customer Relationship Management
|Banking and Finance
|Business and Corporate Law
|Supply Chain Management
Ranking and Awards
- 1st amongst top distance learning institute by careers 360 Rating 2012.
- 2nd by DNA Indus learning survey 2012.
- 3rd by Competition Success Review.
- IT Award by Maharashtra Govt. HRD Department.
- 8th by Outlook Magazine in Top Distance Learning Institute.
SCDL Contact Details
Symbiosis Bhavan 1065 B,
Gokhale Cross Road,
Pune – 411016, Maharashtra, India.