Bharathidasan University ventures to create a dynamic world of educational innovations, for those around.
In the year 1992, the University had introduced the Centre for Distance Education (CDE), for all of those who were unable to attend colleges due to financial, geographical or community-based problems, and for all of those who prefer distance learning and its ways.Established in 1982, Bharathidasan University was named after the Tamil poet and writer, “Bharathidasan” (1891-1964).
The University has 16 schools with 37 departments and research centers as many as 29 specialized ones.
It envisages for a brave new world through teaching, learning and sharing knowledge especially research based higher education. The curriculum is so designed to create a competitive learning atmosphere that is creative and extensive.
Advantages of Centre for Distance Education (CDE) Bharathidasan University (BDE)
BDU successfully shared knowledge through distance learning because of their strict belief in the following –
- The quality of education is the same for students of both regular mode of education and distant mode of education
- Weekend classes for Distance learners
- Laying out the foundation of an appropriate two-way communication between the teachers and their students, backed with an appropriate learning environment
- Expertise faculties available for the students
- Unemployed SC/ST students of Personal Contact Programmes (PCP) Centre of Centre of Distance Education BDU are granted scholarships
- Information about updates on website is done through SMS
CDE Bharathidasan University specializes in more than 60 programs which include an extensive set of courses, available for those who have wished for a way to pursue their higher education, while maintaining their professional and/or domestic lives intact.
CDE is offering various qualitative programs for the students, which include –
- 12 Under Graduation
- 21 Post Graduation
- 06 Post Graduate Diploma / Diploma / Certificate Programs
- 07 Professional Programs including MBA and MCA
Few Courses Offered at CDU, Bharathidasan University
- B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
- M.Com (Master of Commerce)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- BA (Bachelor of Arts)
- MA (Master of Arts)
- BSc Information Technology (Bachelor of Science, Information Technology)
Along with the traditional courses, CDE is offering various other programs like Bank Management, Computer Science and Applications, E-Commerce, Financial Management, Information Technology, Library and Information Science, along with other such courses.
Theory and practical classes are conducted on weekends by the CDE and the smooth working of said programs are diligently planned and performed at the same time as the ordinary routine, without undermining the practical requirements.
Distance Education MBA at Bharathidasan University
MBA is one the most popular Distance Learning Course in India, as after the completion of this degree jobs are readily available.MBA through CDE Bharathidasan University will be a wise and smart choice, as it has been over 28 years since the Centre of Distance Education, BDU, has been proving its excellence.
They provide one of the finest educational services available in the country. Bharathidasan University stands at the 60th Rank among other Indian Universities, in NIRF – 2019 and is accredited by NAAC with an A+ grade, hence backing up the fact that BDU is indeed one of the top universities for MBA candidates.
CDE Bharathidasan University provides specialization in the different types of MBA, for organizations require specialized candidates for their smooth functioning. Centre of Distance Education Bharathidasan University provides specialization in:
- Human Resource Management5.
The course for MBA has been designed to facilitate the students with the needed skill and development to become an efficient manager in the respective field.
MBA consist of four semesters, to be completed within a period of two years. The students need to select their specialisation in the Third semester which cannot be changed hereafter.
Candidates applying for MBA in Centre of Distance Education BDU must have a Bachelor’s degree, at least, and in the format of 10+2+3/4 pattern under any stream, be it Arts, Commerce or Science, and the applicants must score 50% or above in their graduation degree or Master’s course assessment.
Candidates wishing for admission at Centre of Distance Education BDU may avail spot admission facility at the office of CDE on any day of the week, excluding Sundays. For those unable to present themselves for admission in person, a Postal Admission Facility is provided by CDE.
· Collectively all payments towards the University regarding Admission, Tuition, Registration, Change of PCP, Change of Medium, Change of Address, etc., are supposed to be completed via online payment at www.bdu.ac.in/online-payment
The same site must be used for remitting the examination fee
In case one opts to pay through Demand Draft, the same should be addressed in favour of ‘Bharathidasan University’, payable at Tiruchirappalli
|Fees||Tuition Fees (Rs)||Other Fees ( Rs)||Total Fees (Rs)|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the nearest study center of Bharathidasan University, Center of Distance education?
Ans. The given link will help you find the nearest study centre of Bharathidasan University. http://www.bdu.ac.in/cde/learner_support_centers.php
- Is the degree awarded from Bhrathidasan University, Centre of Distance education valid in the same manner as regular course?
Ans. The degree awarded in distance education is at par with regular degree course. One is eligible to apply for the same job or post with any of the two degrees.
- Is Distance education preferable or regular mode of education preferable for a student of Bharathidasan University?
Ans. The University wishes to provide higher education to every citizen of the state. Distance learning is beneficial for everyone who can learn on their own with the help of study materials and other facilities provided for the student. The syllabus and quality is the same for both regular and distance mode of education.
- Does Bharathidasan University refunds admission fees if one decides not to continue the course?
Ans. Once the fee is paid, it can never be adjusted with any other account. However,
- 50% refund is given if the student intimates the University about the withdrawal within 30 calendar days from the date of admission without attending the Personal Contact Programme.
- No refund is available after 30 days of admission.
- 100% refund is given if one or more study centre does not run a course.
- How does a distance learner of Bharathidasan University avail information regarding exam schedule or changes or any other updates?
Ans. It is advisable for a distance learner to regularly visit the University website. The University keeps the students updated about changes in the website through SMS.
- Can a student enrolled in other university get transferred to CDE of Bharathidasan University?
Ans. Yes, any student can get transfer to CDE of Bharathidasan University following a set procedure as given on the website.
Centre for Distance Education, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli- 620 024, Tamil Nadu, India
1. Annamalai University Distance MBA
2. SRM University Distance MBA
3. Acharya Nagarjuna University Distance MBA
4. Alagappa University Distance MBA
5. Anna University Distance MBA
6. Bharathiar University Distance MBA