Introduction to MATS University, Raipur
MATS University is an acronym for Mahaveer Academy of Technology and Science University which was established in 2006 and is located in Raipur city of Chhattisgarh. It is a UGC approved private University which has been accredited with grade B++ by NAAC and has been recognized by AICTE, CGPURC, AIU, NCTE and BCI.
Since its outset, MATS is moving forward progressively and making headway for quality education and opening new alleys like the establishment of 'MATS Institute of Open and Distance Learning' with approval of DEC in 2009 and further approved by UGC for new 18 programmes in 2019.
MATS vision is to become a world class center in providing globally relevant education. Thus it is successfully bridging the gap between the learners and the education by providing industry driven curriculum to not only its campus students but to the ones who are enrolled under 'Distance Programme'.
Why Distant Learning?
Distant learning is a revolutionary concept in education industry which has enabled several students to gain education irrespective of age, place and time. This concept has eliminated the need of regular physical presence in classrooms and the students can learn at their own pace with the help of audio-visual aids and continuous online assistance.
With the advancement in technology, degree courses have reached the doorstep of learners. It doesn't matter if you are working full time or stuck because of the distance barriers. Be it any place, MATS will provide you with world class high quality education focusing on skills and excellence which will make you industry ready.
Following are the advantageous highlights of choosing Distance learning from MATS:
- Certified Courses
- Cost effective
- Self-instructive and promising study material •
- Personal Contact Program •
- Plenty of time for Planning and Research work •
- Dedicated counselling per semester and continuous online support •
- Contact sessions at Learning Support Centres by subject expert •
- Quality and Professional education to working students •
- Language option to write in examination (English/ Hindi) •
- Regular monitoring by Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the University •
- Self Assessment
List of UG and PG Courses offered by MIODL
- B.Sc. CS
- MA Education
- MA English
- MA Hindi
- M Com
- BSc. CS
MATS Distance MBA Program
Master of Business Administration is the most sought after Post Graduation course which opens up wide job opportunities for the candidate from both conventional and ODL mode. MSMSR (MATS School of Management Studies & Research) is the governing department for this programme which focuses on operational skills and employment opportunities. It is a two Years degree course which incorporates -
- Industrial Training o
- Project Work o Research Work o
- Assignments o Workshops o
- Practical's o Term end Examination o
- 300 hours compulsory PCP (Personal Contact Program) o
- Continuous assessment through Tutor Mark Assignment (TMA)
This program in ODL follows Choice based credit system (CBCS) and thus student has to study 6 papers of 32 credits each year.
Management Accounting & Financial Control
Human Resource Management
Sales & Distribution Management
Business Oriented Computer Applications
Products & Services Marketing
Quality & Productivity Management
Management Information System
Venture Capital Financing
Strategic Management of Information Technology
Production & Operations Management
Treasury & Fund Management
Economic Environment Policy & Analysis
Financial Services & Markets
Security Analysis & Portfolio Management
(Human Resource Management)
Risk Management & Insurance
Learning Organization & Industrial Development
(Human Resource Management)
Organizational Culture change & Development
HRD Practises and Inventions
Year 1: Rs. 40,000/-
Year 2: Rs. 40,000/-
Total: Rs 80,000/-
(Examination fee for distant PG courses is Rs. 2000/-)
Payment Pattern: Rs 25,000 are to be paid at the time of admission and balance Rs 15,000 before the end term examination in Year 1.
Payment Mode: Bank Draft in favour of 'MATS University Distance Education', payable at Raipur
For Distance MBA, candidate should be a graduate or post graduate from a recognized university with atleast second division as minimum requirement by DEB (Distance Education Bureau).
If you are already a PGDBA or PGDMM from recognised university then you will be directly enrolled in second year as per the set norms.
For completion of course successfully, candidate must secure minimum 40% both in internal and external examination. However, 50% is the minimum passing criteria for Thesis. So in aggregate 45 % will be the minimum requirement.
Internal: External evaluation Ratio is 30:70
Candidate will have to write and submit all the assignments compulsorily before the Term End Examinations along with Tutor Marked Assignment responses which carry 30% weightage.
Admission is valid for 5 years and after that re-registration will be required.
Term End Examination are held twice a year after each semester most probably in January and July.
Examination forms are available for download on the official website of MATS University. Admit cards are however dispatched to the candidates timely.
- Application form along with prospectus of the course can be bought physically from the campus of the MATS University upon payment of Rs 100/- OR,
- Via Post– With DD of Rs. 150/- drawn in favor of ‘MATS University Distance Education’, payable at Raipur, Chhattisgarh along with written request application letter. Name, Mobile No. and Address of the candidate should be written on the backside of the DD mentioned above. – OR,
- Form can be downloaded from the official website of MATS University. It should be duly filled and sent to University along with Rs. 100/-DD.
- Application form should be properly filled and should enclose Requisite amount of DD along with photocopies of marksheets and relevant certificates before sending it to University before the last date as mentioned in the prospectus. Latest passport size coloured photograph should be affixed in the application form. Address for submission of form: MATS University, Raipur Campus, MATS Tower, Pandri, Raipur (C.G.) 492002.
- Candidates should double check the address given in application form because the study material will be delivered on the same. Also do not forget to mention your working E-mail Id for online support.
Other Popular Universities for Distance MBA