Distance MBA is such a versatile degree course following which a student can choose to be a Manager or an Entrepreneur depending upon his/her skills and resources.
The distance educationn MBA programme at Madurai Kamaraj University (MKU) focuses on the development of an individual while helping one to realize their potential.
Madurai Kamaraj University distance education MBA programme prepares you to be a leader by thoroughly teaching fundamental concepts along with specialization in the field of one's choice.
A Brief About the Distance MBA Course at MKU DDE
English will be the medium of instruction for the course.
The duration of this course is 2 years divided into 4 semesters. 1 project work is compulsory for all the students enrolled in the programme.
There will be two assignments for each subject of 25 marks each.
The internal marks for the subject will be the average marks scored in both the assignments.
The Internal: External Marks ratio is 25:75 for all the subjects.
Madurai Kamaraj University Distance Education MBA course syllabus is mentioned as below.
- Quantitative Methods
- Management Theory and Practices
- Management Accounting
- Organizational Behaviour
- Managerial Economics
- Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- Research Methodology
- Marketing Management
- Management Information System
- Financial Management
- Business Environment and Law
- Operations Research
- 3 Specialization Subjects (Finance/ Marketing/ HRM/ System/ Production)
- Finance- Investment & Portfolio Management, Management of Financial Institutions, International Trade, Finance & Documentation.
- Marketing- Product Management, Market Research, Advertising & Sales Promotion.
- HRM- Organization development, Training & Development, Human Resource Accounting.
- System- Software Development, E-commerce Technology & Management, Data Base Management System.
- Production- Supply Chain Management, Total Quality Management, Purchasing, Inventory Management and.
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Strategic Management
- Project Work
- 3 Specialization Subjects (Finance/ Marketing/ HRM/ System/ Production/)
- Finance– International Financial Management, Strategic Cost Management, Financial Market, Treasury & Risk Management.
- Marketing– Services Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Retail Management.
- HRM– Audit & Compensation Benefit, Industrial Relations & Employee Welfare, Human Resource Planning.
- System– Information Technology for Management, Decision Support System, Enterprise Resource Planning.
- Production– Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Product Design & Project Management, Supply Chain & Logistics Management.
(Note: Student will have to choose an elective subject in the third year which will continue in the fourth semester as well)
Madurai Kamaraj University Distance Education MBA eligibility criteria is quite simple.
MKU DDE has a very simple and basic requirement to get enrolled for distance MBA. You just have to be a graduate from MKU or from any other recognized University holding any of the B.Com, B.B.A, B.E and B.Sc degree.
Madurai Kamaraj University Distance Education MBA fee structure is mentioned as below.
Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
First Year: Rs. 15,000/-
Second Year: Rs 15,000/-
(Can be paid in two Instalments)
An Additional fee of Rs. 250/- has to be paid by Non-MKU students.
Examination Fee: Rs. 360/- per paper (Internal Exams)
Project Fee: Rs. 420/-
Admission Process : How to Apply?
Madurai Kamaraj University Distance Education MBA admission procedure is mentioned as below.
Application can be made either offline or online.
- If you are choosing offline mode, then you can visit the university and collect the form and prospectus in person on the payment of Rs. 177 or you can receive the Application form and prospectus by post at your home by sending a Demand draft of Rs 177 with covering letter detailing name, address and Course on the following address:
Madurai Kamaraj University”.
- Demand Draft should be drawn in the favour of “The Director, DDE, Madurai Kamaraj University” payable at Madurai.
- Name, address and course should be compulsorily mentioned on the back side of DD.
- If you choose Online Mode then fill in the online form available on official website and pay online through the given link there.
- Whichever mode you opt for, filled in application form along with attested copies of relevant documents like Degrees, certificates, diplomas, mark sheets, birth certificate etc. should be sent to the University on the address mentioned above or deliver it to the relevant Study Centre where you are willing to get enrolled.
- 500 for Registration Fees is to be sent along with completed application form.
- For more information, please visit official website of MKU https://mkudde.org/
Candidates will have to score 34 marks minimum out of 75 marks in external exams while there is no minimum marks criteria in internal assessment of 25 marks.
However, it is required to score a minimum 50 marks in total from both internal and external exams to pass the semester on the basis of which University will assign grades as per the standard norms.
There is an option to get the answer sheets revaluated on payment basis within 10 days of result declaration.