In Southern India, Hyderabad is know as a an education hub. There are two central universities, three deemed universities, and six state universities in the city.
Many popular universities in Hyderabad offers distance education courses, and MBA is one of the top professional courses offered by those universities under distance education mode.
If you're from Hyderabad, and looking for best distance education MBA universities, this article is for you.
We have covered top 10 universities in Hyderabad for distance education MBA.
By the end of this article, you will know the name of top 10 distance MBA universities, their eligibility criteria, admission procedure, and fee structure. We have also highlighted the key strengths of each university so that you can make an informed decision while taking admission.
For any admission related assistance, or queries, you may also contact us through the contact form available below on this page.
Top 10 Distance Education MBA Universities in Hyderabad
IGNOU is one of the popular open universities in India offering high-quality, need-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs. With its incredible network of learning centers across all parts of the country, IGNOU is considered as the best option for distance learning for those who reside in remote areas and cannot afford to join the regular college programs.
₹37,800 – ₹18,900 per year
IGNOU conducts an entrance exam called OPENMAT for admission in management programs. It's a reasoning and an aptitude test designed to evaluate the candidate's flair for management programs.
OPENMAT test is conducted twice a year.
- The general category candidates must have graduation with at least 50% marks. The reserved category candidates must score 45% or more in graduation. 2.
- Even the Charted Accountancy or Company Secretary or Cost Accountancy graduates can apply for an MBA program in IGNOU.
IGNOU MBA Key Points
- IGNOU offers MBA programs in all the main stream specializations such as Human Resource (HRM), Finance, Operations, Marketing, and Financial Markets Practice.
- Compared to other popular distance learning universities in the country like University of Madras, Symbiosis and SMU, the study material from IGNOU is definitely top-notch.
- The School of Management Studies at IGNOU has got a great set mentors from prestigious institutions like IIFT, IIMs etc.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU) also named as Telangana Open University, offers bachelors and master's degree program in various streams such as Science, Arts, Education, Commerce, Humanities, and Management through distance learning mode. BRAOU is approved by DEB-UGC. It is based in Hyderabad and has got a wide network of learning centers across India.
For General MBA
1st year - Rs 10,150/-
2nd year - Rs 10,000/-
For Hospital and Healthcare Management
Rs 1.20 lakh (Rs 70,000 for 1st year and Rs 50,000 for 2nd year)
1. Aspirants have to appear for ICET (Common Entrance Test). - 100 marks
2. Group discussion - 25 marks.
3. Personal interview - 25 marks.
- The general category candidate seeking admission in MBA in BRAOU must be a graduate from any recognized university and secure at least 50% marks. For reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC) the graduation marks must be a minimum of 45%.
- The candidates who have done their bachelors in Oriental Languages and Fine Arts are not eligible for MBA (Hospital & Health Care Management)
BRAOU MBA Key Points
- MBA (Hospital & Health Care Management) program is designed in collaboration with AHERF (Apollo Hospitals Educational Research Foundation).
The Osmania University is the first university established in Hyderabad city and it is one of the first 10 universities in the country. It is recognized by Distance Education Bureau. With 1600-acre campus and beautiful architectural buildings, OU is probably the largest educational institution in India.
7,500/- per semester.
The aspirant must qualify OU entrance test or TS-ICET.
- A bachelor's degree with 50% marks makes the general candidates eligible for applying. SC/ST category students must have at least 45% marks in their graduation.
Osmania University MBA Key Points
- Admissions are done offline. Fees must be submitted in the form of demand draft
Andhra University is one of the oldest universities in the country offering high-quality education for both classroom and distance learners in India. Andhra University is ranked at 36th place in the recent NIRF (National Institute of Ranking Framework) report.
Rs 30,000 for 3 years (Regular MBA)
Rs 30,000 for 2 years (Executive MBA)
The candidates must qualify AP-ICET or Andhra University Entrance Test.
- Graduation with 50% marks for general candidates (45% for SC/BC/ST candidates.)
- The candidates must have studies Mathematics as one of the subjects at 10 and 10+2 levels.
- If you are opting for Executive MBA program, you must at least 2 years of work experience after graduation.
Andhra University MBA Key Points
- The syllabi is same for both regular and distance learning MBA programs.
- There are over 35 study centers across the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Andhra University offers MBA programs in Finance, Marketing, HRM and Hospital management.
CDL (Council for Distance Learning) was started at GITAM university in 2010 to offer quality education at an affordable cost. The GITAM university offers various innovative and need-based conventional programs leading to under graduation, post-graduation and diploma certifications. Their curriculum has been developed after a rigorous survey of work force requirements and demands.
Rs 12,000 per semester (Rs 48,000 for 2 years)
The aspirant must attend the GAT (GITAM Admission Test) exam. He/she will be selected based on the rank in GAT.
- The aspirant must have graduation degree from any recognized institution or board. The candidates with a professional undergraduate degree such as B.Pharm, BE, B.Tech, CA, AIETE, ICWA, Law, or Medicine are also eligible.
- Note: Bachelors in Oriental Languages and Fine Arts are not eligible for applying the distance learning MBA program in GITAM university.
GITAM University MBA Key Points
- The general MBA at GITAM is a 3-year course.
- Currently, GITAM is not recognized by UGC.
NMIMS has been offering distance learning programs from 1994. It's affiliated to DEB, UGC and was awarded deemed university status in the year 2003. NMIMS offers various diploma, bachelors and masters programs in technology, law, pharmacy, economics, liberal arts, engineering, science and management.
Rs 76,000 for 2 years.
The aspirants must attend a personal interview.
- Degree with at least 50% marks from recognised board.
NMIMS University MBA Key Points
- NMIMS offers post-graduate diploma in management (PGDM) which is considered MBA equivalent by industry
- It offers PGDM programs in a range of streams such as Marketing, Business, Operations, Banking and Finance, International's Trade, Supply Chain, HR etc.
- NMIMS has partnered with many agencies and leading corporates to provide placement assistance to MBA graduates. The meritorious students will be interviewed by hiring partners after completing the post-graduation program.
Symbiosis offers specialized management courses through distance learning. In 2017, it was ranked first among all the open universities and distance learning institutes by Career India for providing great student learning experience.
It offers wide-range of management programs across all industry sectors such as IT Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Banking and Finance, International Business etc.
Rs 41,500 for 2 years.
Rs 1,80,000 for international students.
The students must qualify the admission test SCDL
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
- Even the final year students who have written the examinations are eligible to apply for this course.
SCDL MBA Key Points
- Symbiosis offers post-graduate diploma in wide-range of management streams. PGD in management is equivalent to MBA.
- Symbiosis is tied up many recruiting partners. There is a good scope for getting placed for the merit students.
Suresh Gyan Vihar University offers high-quality academic programs that are on par with regular degree. It was established in 2012, to provide education for all the aspiring students who are unable to attend regular classroom programs for some reason.
It is approved by UGC-DEB and the practicum and theory are designed as per UGC guidelines.
Rs 62,400 (Rs 20400, Rs 18000, Rs 18000, Rs 18000 for four semesters respectively)
There is no entrance test. All the eligible students can apply for this program through their website.
- 50% marks in Bachelors from a recognized board in India.
SGVU MBA Key Points
- SGVU is the first university from Rajasthan awarded with NAAC A grade.
- As per the new syllabus revision, the examinations for first semester are conducted offline and all the remaining examinations are conducted online.
The distance education department (Directorate of Distance Education) was established in Annamalai University in 1979. It is often appreciated for its adequate teaching faculty, infrastructure, and administrative set-up.
There are numerous computer training and study centers across the country. Annamalai university offers over 200 programs ranging from Textile Design to Hotel Management to Yoga to MBA.
Rs 26,000 ( can be paid in four instalments)
There is no online application for admission. The interested candidates have to reach their nearby study centres to get the application form and prospectus.
- Bachelors' degree (10+2+2 or 10+2+4) in any stream
Annamalai University MBA Key Points
- It offers MBA programs with specialisations - Hospital Management, Information System, Marketing Management, HRM, International Business and Financial Management.
- It's accredited with NAAC A grade.
Kuvempu University offers excellent educational programs with distinctive academic profile. It offers over 50 post-graduate programs and in various faculties - Science, Arts, Law, Education, Commerce, Management etc. Kuvempu University is recognized by the Directorate of Distance Education and DEC-IGNOU.
Semester -1: Rs. 17,100/-
Semester -2: Rs. 14,300/-
Semester -3: Rs. 14,300/-
Semester -4: Rs. 15,400/-
The students must qualify in an entrance examination.
50% weightage is given to the merit in Bachelors degree and the other 50% is given for the score in Entrance test.
- The candidate must have a 3 year Bachelors degree (at least 45% marks) from recognised board.
Kuvempu University MBA Key Points
- The MBA program from Kevempu University is designed in alliance with International Corporate Business Management Studies.