Do you want to get enrolled in NMIMS distance education MBA program? Know about NMIMS distance MBA admission procedure, fee structure, eligibility criteria, placement, entrance exam, admission last date, and many other such helpful information in this article.
Before we proceed and give you more information, let us clear you one thing. Being an institution and not a university, NMIMS offers only post graduate diploma courses such as PGDBA. The PGDBA is a two year program in business management which is considered equivalent to an MBA program by most corporate. The program is widely accepted by corporate and helps working professionals and fresh graduates secure a good job and better position in a company.
The NMIMS distance MBA (PGDBM) is a 2 year management program that is designed for working professionals and fresh graduates who wants to make their career in the field of business management.
NMIMS is India’s premier business school and offers distance education courses under the name of NMIMS global access school for continuing education. NMIMS has its presence in 26 cities to make the enrollment process easier for students. NMIMS has 9 regional offices and more than 80 enrollment partners across the country where students can visit and enquire about admission in various courses offered by NMIMS including the distance education MBA (PGDBA).
NMIMS distance education MBA (PGDBA) is approved & recognized by University Grants Commission (UGC) & the Distance Education Bureau (UGC-DEB) of India. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) have also accredited NMIMS with Grade A+.
Currently NMIMS has over 38000 active students, and 120 Faculty Members from reputed institutions like IIM & IIT.
NMIMS offers below Post Graduate specialized courses in management. Duration of all these courses is two years. You can also change your specialization once during validity of your course. (Only at the time of re-registration on semester II or semester III).
NMIMS Distance Education MBA (PGDBA) Courses
Below is the list of 2-year distance education MBA courses offered by NMIMS.
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
5. Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management
6. Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
7. Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
8. Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance Management
9. Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology and Systems Management
10. Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade Management
NMIMS Distance MBA (PGDM) Summary
|University Name||NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education|
|Year of Establishment||1994|
|Director & Chief Executive Officer||Rajiv Shah|
|Name of Course||PGDM|
|Minimum Duration||2 Years|
|Maximum Duration||4 Years|
|Dual Specialization||Not Available|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks|
|Medium of Instruction||Online|
|Mode of Study||English|
|Admission Cycle||July & January|
|Exam Cycle||April, June, September and December|
NMIMS Admission Procedure For Distance Learning MBA
How to Apply?
NMIMS distance learning MBA admission procedure is quite simple. It is just a 4 steps process
- First you've to register with them online and have to pay INR 1000 as registration fee.
- After you registration is done, visit any of their Authorized Enrollment Partner along with the following documents
- Academic Documents
- Work Experience Documents (if any)
- A Photo identity proof & photographs
Your documents will be verify and upload to the system by a counselor at the Authorized Enrollment Partner office.
Note – Students are not permitted to change their Authorized Enrollment Partner after registration within a city however they can change it for another city after paying INR 2500/-.
3. Pay your course fee online or via Demand Draft.
4. You will get a confirmation and student number from NMIMS after your admission is confirmed.
NMIMS takes admission twice in a year. There are two admission sessions.
Spring Batch – 11th September to 10th March
Fall Batch – 11th March to 10th September
NMIMS Distance Learning MBA Fee Structure
There are 3 options available to pay fee for NMIMS distance learning MBA. There is a one time admission fee of INR 1000/- for every course.
The fee structure is as follows
Option 1 – INR 86,000/- (one-time fee)
Option 2 – INR 47,000/- per year.
Option 3 – INR 25,000/- per semester.
- Fee can be paid online on NMIMS website or via a Demand Draft in favor of “SVKM’s NMIMS” payable at Mumbai.
- There is an examination fee of Rs 600/- per subject that all students has to pay for the first attempt; For any for subsequent attempts the fee is Rs. 600/- . The PCP fee is Rs 250/- per subject.
- You can also avail the EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months). The EMI facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months) is available through a credit cards of the following banks HDFC, ICICI, Axis, Citi, Standard Chartered, HSBC, SBI, Kotak Mahindra.
- Loan facility is also available without a credit card.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in MBA Program
In order to get admission in NMIMS PGDM program, you must be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized University or should have an equivalent degree recognized by AIU.
50% marks are required in graduation level order to get admission admission in PGDM program. If you don't have 50% marks in graduation, you should have a minimum 2 years of working experience to become eligible for admission.
The NMIMS distance MBA is a two year program divided in 4 semesters.
The first 3 semesters has 6 subjects each. The 4th semester has 5 subjects and 1 project.
Each subject (including project) has 4 credits.
Below is more details about the subjects.
Examinations for post-graduate diploma courses are conducted twice in a year in the month of January and July.. Students who are pursuing a distance education MBA (PGDBA) program from NMIMS can register for examination as per their choice.
Assignments, examinations and project report are part of NMIMS evaluation methodology. Each subject consists of 30 marks assignment and 70 marks computer based test. Students are required to score at least 50 marks in each subject to pass the examination.
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Two Descriptive questions are the part of question papers.
NMIMS distance education MBA students are also required to submit a project report of 100 marks.
Other Management Courses Offered by NMIMS
Other than 2-year post graduate diploma courses, NMIMS also offers 1-year diploma and 6 months certification courses.
Below is more information about such courses.
NMIMS diploma courses are 1-year program in management. It gives you fundamental knowledge of business management.
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Operations Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Financial Management
- Diploma in Banking and Finance Management
- Diploma in International Trade Management
- Diploma in Marketing Management
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management
- Diploma in Retail Management
The eligibility criteria for diploma courses is as follows
- Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognized University or an equivalent degree recognized by AIU
- S.C plus 2 years of work experience
- S.C plus 3 years of Diploma recognized by AICTE and 2 years of work experience
The total fee for NMIMS diploma courses is approximately INR 47000.
NMIMS certificate courses are 6-month program in management. It gives you basic understanding of the specialized field you have choses. Below is the list of certificate courses that NMIMS is offering.
- Certificate Program in IT Management
- Certificate Program in Operations Management
- Certificate Program in Project Management
- Certificate Program in Corporate Communications
- Certificate Program in Business Management
The eligibility criteria for certificate courses is as follows
- Bachelor’s Degree (10+2+3) in any discipline from a recognised University or an equivalent degree recognised by AIU
- S.C plus 2 years of work experience
The total fee for NMIMS certificate courses is approximately INR 25000.
NMIMS uses all popular modern and traditional learning methods to give students the best learning experience. These methods includes the following
- Desktop and Mobile App: All students can access to student zone via Desktop and Mobile app. Under student zone, students can have access to courseware and other important information regarding the course they have enrolled in.
- Live lectures: Since it is a distance education program, NMIMS periodically offers live lectures to students where they get a regular classroom like experience and interact with faculty members to clear their doubts.
- Digital Library: NMIMS has a big digital library where students get access to articles, whitepapers, case studies, journals and many other relevant resources that help them understand the course they are studying.
- Recorded Lectures: If you have missed a live lecture, you can watch the recorded version of it under the student zone. You can even ask your doubts to the faculty.
- Discussion Forum: NMIMS has an active discussion forum where faculty members post a topic and students respond their views on the topic.
- Lecture Presentation: Lecture presentations which are prepared by NMIMS faculty are show to students that gives classroom like experience to students. You can also ask questions to the faculty members during the presentation. Presentations can be accessed from anywhere from the student zone.
- E-Books: E-Books are also provided to every student. This enables them to study from anywhere they want.
- Case Studies: Case studies are also a part of the program that builds problem solving approach in students.
Below are some NMIMS distance MBA reviews from students who have completed their program.
The distance education MBA program by NMIMS is quite popular among the working professionals and the reviews are very positive.
Students have got placed in many companies after completing their studies.