Sometimes, living in small towns or cities, we have limited option to choose in higher education. We also face the similar problem when we're doing a full-time job and don't have extra time to attend classes. This problem gets bigger when we want to do a specialization. Distance Learning solves this problem and NMIMS is amongst top institute that offers specialization in management courses via distance education. So if you have interest to do a specialized program in a particular field of business management, you can consider NMIMS and study your favorite course in your own hometown.
Distance learning Courses offered by NMIMS were approved by the erstwhile Joint Committee of UGC-AICTE- DEC. Subsequently, its PG as well as Diploma programs have been approved by UGC - DEB. Its important to note that as per a notification by UGC it is declared that degree/diploma/certificate awarded by Open Universities in conformity with UGC notification of degrees be treated as equivalent to corresponding awards of the traditional universities in the country. Hence all these PG Diploma courses are considered equivalent to MBA by industry. There is almost no difference between PG Diploma courses in management and MBA but if we look at the basics, PGDM is a diploma awarded by autonomous institutions (most of the distance learning institutes offer diplomas instead of degree) whereas MBA is a degree program which is offered by a University or a College.
NMIMS offers below Post Graduate specialized courses in management. Duration of all these courses is two years. You can also change your specialization once during validity of your course. (Only at the time of re-registration on semester II or semester III).
Courses Offered by NMIMS
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Marketing Management
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Management
5. Post Graduate Diploma in Operations Management
6. Post Graduate Diploma in Retail Management
7. Post Graduate Diploma in Supply Chain Management
8. Post Graduate Diploma in Banking and Finance Management
9. Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology and Systems Management
10. Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade Management
NMIMS Distance MBA (PGDM) Summary
|University Name||NMIMS Global Access School for Continuing Education|
|Year of Establishment||1994|
|Director & Chief Executive Officer||Rajiv Shah|
|Name of Course||PGDM|
|Minimum Duration||2 Years|
|Maximum Duration||4 Years|
|Dual Specialization||Not Available|
|Eligibility||Graduation in any discipline with 50% marks|
|Medium of Instruction||Online|
|Mode of Study||English|
|Admission Cycle||July & January|
|Exam Cycle||April, June, September and December|
NMIMS Admission Procedure For Distance Learning MBA
How to Apply?
NMIMS distance learning MBA admission procedure is quite simple. It is just a 3 steps process
- First you've to register with them online and have to pay INR 1000 as registration fee.
- After you registration is done, visit any of their Authorized Enrollment Partner along with the following documents
- Academic Documents
- Work Experience Documents (if any)
- A Photo identity proof & photographs
Your documents will be verify and upload to the system by a counselor at the Authorized Enrollment Partner office.
Note – Students are not permitted to change their Authorized Enrollment Partner after registration within a city however they can change it for another city after paying INR 2500/-.
3. Pay your course fee online or via Demand Draft.
NMIMS takes admission twice in a year. There are two admission sessions.
Spring Batch – 11th September to 10th March
Fall Batch – 11th March to 10th September
NMIMS Distance Learning MBA Fee Structure
There are 3 options available to pay fee for NMIMS distance learning MBA. There is a one time admission fee of INR 1000/- for every course. The fee structure is as follows
Option 1 – INR 62,000/- (one-time fee)
Option 2 – INR 34,000/- per year.
Option 3 – INR 18,000/- per semester.
- Fee can be paid online on NMIMS website or via a Demand Draft in favor of “SVKM’s NMIMS” payable at Mumbai.
- There is an examination fee of Rs 500/- per subject that all students has to pay for the first attempt; For any for subsequent attempts the fee is Rs. 600/- . The PCP fee is Rs 250/- per subject.
- You can also avail the EMI Facility (3, 6, 9, 12 months). The EMI facility is only available through credit cards of the following banks HDFC, ICICI, Axis, Citi, Standard Chartered, HSBC, SBI, Kotak Mahindra.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in MBA Program
In order to get admission in NMIMS PGDM program, you must be a graduate in any discipline from any recognized University or should have an equivalent degree recognized by AIU.
50% marks are required in graduation level order to get admission admission in PGDM program. If you don't have 50% marks in graduation, you should have a minimum 2 years of working experience to become eligible for admission.